At Landed, we believe we are all interconnected and interdependent: in one way, shape or form, we all have a duty to uphold each other in order to ensure our world goes ‘round.
As such, we've established baseline expectations for everyone who actively works within the Landed ecosystem (e.g., customers, Landed team members, employer partners, vendors, etc.).
Landed expects every individual within the Landed ecosystem to:
- Treat everyone with respect in every interaction (including but not limited to respecting each other’s time), being self-aware, considerate and excellent to others.
- Seek to learn about and understand others first, instead of immediately making assumptions about another person’s experiences or assuming everyone has the same context as you have.
- Allow others to express themselves without insult, abuse, harassment, attack, nastiness or rudeness, especially as it relates to their race, ethnicity, national origin, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, sex, gender, gender identity, disability, age, political affiliation, or serious diseases.
You can expect that the communications, information sessions, sponsored events, meetings, or other interactions with Landed and those representing it are:
- Safe, open, and respectful environments for all participants.
- Environments that are open and invitational, encouraging participation, questions, and shared answers that are supportive and non-judgmental.
- Supportive of individuals expressing themselves without insult, abuse, harassment, attack, nastiness or rudeness, especially as it relates to their race, ethnicity, national origin, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, sex, gender, gender identity, disability, age, political affiliation, or serious diseases.
The Landed Team and anyone else working on behalf of Landed additionally commits to:
- Find ways for people wanting to help Landed succeed and be productive with their skills (technical and not) and energy. Use language such as “yes/and”, not “no/but.”
- Prioritize the inclusion of those who are traditionally excluded when designing and creating products and services.
- Holding every individual in the Landed ecosystem accountable to this Code of Conduct, either by speaking up yourself in alignment with this Code of Conduct, or, reaching out to email@example.com confidentially if you don’t think you can speak up safely or prefer guidance on how to address the situation.
What happens if someone violates the code of conduct? Egregious and/or consistent misses against these expectations will make it impossible for us to effectively work together. Therefore, we may decide to end our relationship with you as a result of confirmed behavior out of line with these expectations (though, we really hope it never comes to this!). Claims of violation will be assessed and an action determined, such as a warning, suspension, and/or termination of relationship with Landed, if necessary. Depending on the severity of the transgression, we may choose to report transgressors to the authorities.
We’re a village, and we’ve all got to do our part. We’re in this together!
[updated Oct 14, 2021]
The formation of this Code of Conduct was built on the backs of many shoulders, including similar codes from: TechEquity Collaborative, Code for America, Bay Area Black Designers, and Airbnb. It is a living document which we will update as needed to reflect our values. If you have feedback, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in working with Landed on your home purchase? Be sure to review our list of agreements and policies. Here's how you can access that information: